gasandora

Greg Sandora, Author

Topics concerning Gabby, Angel of God and the Jack Canon Presidential Thriller Series

Gabby Angel of God: An Interview with Greg Sandora, Author

How much of yourself is hidden of the characters in your book?

I think a lot of my life shows up in the story. My wife is the example of all that is good in the book, she is courageous and strong like the angel Gabby. My daughter is the brown haired version of Gabby and when she manifests as a blonde she’s more like my wife Kathy.

How much of a story did you have in mind before you started writing?

I love spirituality and angels and thought about the plot before beginning. I’d say a large part of the story is decided before writing.

Can you tell us what genre you write?

So far I have written a Political Thriller, a Presidential Romance Thriller, and a Supernatural Romantic Thriller.

How do you cope with writer’s block?

I write when the story is dying to come out, if I feel things aren’t flowing, then I’ll edit and go back over different parts until I’m inspired.

How do you develop and differentiate your characters?

I decide on the characteristics of each prior to setting out. For example, Gabb is breathtakingly beautiful, strong, and courageous. Bo, is a somewhat niave but loving widower, father of two, whose been damaged by life.

Do you have specific techniques you use to develop the plot and stay on track?

I decide the ending and lead everything toward it. My goal is to build suspense and add more character depth as the story unfolds to give the reader the feeling that they are getting to know the intimate details and innermost thoughts of the players.

How (or when) do you decide that you are finished writing a story?

I decide in advance on the ending, and once it is reached and resolved the book is done.

Is there a message in your writing you want readers to grasp?

This life is a learning experience, we come to give and express love. Nothing else is more important than loving.

What are you working on right now?

Jack Canon’s Ghost Operative, the third instalment in the Jack Canon Presidential Agent Series.

Have you always wanted to be a writer?

I always wanted to write a book “someday.” When my mother became very ill, I started to ease the stress. She loved the written word, especially her poetry. Both parents were readers, and passed the love of books to me.

At what age did you discover your love of writing?

About ten years ago I wrote a few short stories that friends told me they liked. That experience gave me the encouragement, but I found I loved writing Jack Canon’s American Destiny. It was a cathartic story for me and very fun to experience.

What was the first story that you wrote?

A ten page look at the paper route I had with my brother after school. I was ten, Joe, my younger brother was eight. We thought the first house third floor walk up was haunted and that a witch lived at the end of the single bulb lit hall. We’d argue over who was going to deliver that first paper, usually we’d go together and fly down the stairs to the safety and light of the street.

When were you first published? How were you discovered?

My first book, Jack Canon’s American Destiny was released in March of 2013.

What is the most difficult part of the whole writing process?

The editing is much less fun than the writing. I love to write the story and dream up new characters and events, sifting through the material for misplaced words and comma’s is not fun.

What do you like to read?

I love to read anything with a spiritual bent.

Which writer influences you the most?

For fiction, I liked Patterson’s easy style.

Where can people learn more about you?

I’m on facebook  /  website  /  Facebook  /  Twitter  /  Google +  /  Pinterest

Is there anything else you’d like to tell us about yourself?

I have a beautiful Boston Terrier named Sophie, she is a real joy.